About Birchwood Residential Treatment Centre
Birchwood is an inpatient residential treatment centre providing a range of services for drug and alcohol users in need of in-patient care. Birchwood is part of Kaleidoscope, a drug and alcohol charity that has been providing community and residential substance misuse treatment services across the UK since 1968. Offering tailor-made treatment packages for detoxification, stabilisation and rehabilitation, providing both clinical and psychosocial interventions. The unit comprises of 20 single occupancy bedrooms – with three DDA compliant rooms on the lower floor for those with more complex needs or mobility issues. We provide services for both men and women, including pregnant women and those with complex needs.
- 20-bed facility in Wirral, Merseyside
- Intensively resolving physical dependence on drugs and alcohol
- Creating an aspiration for change through co-production and peer support
- Providing safe, sociable activities
- Medically monitored and managed inpatient drug and alcohol detoxification